Monday, November 30, 2009

Uh...


So I’m sitting here in the office listening to Christmas music with Nick and Ben (Ben talking in a horrible French accent and Nick pretending to be Jim), I’m pondering what to write.

This is the conversation that is going on in my head…

“Self what did I do this week?”

“Well self, I don’t know why don’t you ask someone what you did?”

“Who am I going to ask?”

“Uh, Ben and Nick are sitting right beside you ask them.”

I then proceed to ask them what I did and they inform me of my activities.

“Oh well if I did all that why am I am I not writing this then?”

“Good question, you should get started.”

So as I advised myself, I am going to start writing about my week.

Classy, class, class, yeah, in case you have not guessed I had class this week. David Ernst and his wife Michelle cam out to tech us. It was pretty interesting learning about Church Ministry and all that jazz. I made several hats (while I listened and took notes).

As most of you know I am out on Vancouver Island and it rains A LOT here, I’m not complaining, I mean I lover the rain. But the town of Duncan I’m guessing…not so much. It floods there so one night we went sand bagging. What’s that? You don’t know what sand bagging is? Well my little friend it is just as it sounds, filling bags with sand so as to stop the water from invading the houses and streets.

“Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way!” Well Christmas is around the bend and one of the places that has jumped right into the Christmas Spirit is the town of Ladysmith. They had light up, this is a event that is like the Santa Clause, but it is at night and there are fireworks and like 1500 people show up for it. I was very excited to see fire in the sky.

Well youth on Friday was fun!! We (my fellow Kaleos and I) put on youth. We made them play spoons, and a strange box game and then made them eat popcorn until someone threw up (we succeeded in that goal). We had a worship time and Nate and Emma played the guitar and then we watch a Nooma video. It talked abut how when there are storms in our life God it there helping us. It was good to hear some of the storms that the youth have been through and how God helped them. It is very encouraging.

I’m glad you took the time to read this chopped up blog, my mind is all over the place, like a chipmunk on roids or something (I think it is from studying for the exam I wrote today).

Thanks for reading.

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment