Salutations!
This week I expanded my mind in regards to the written word, thus it can be concluded that it was once again time for class.
Old Testament Literature stepped up to the plate this week, and I must say it was most interesting dear friends, how I wish you all could have been here to learn with me. Good ol’Don Taylor come out from the ‘mother ship’ (that is what we have taken to calling Briercrest) to teach us. The days were long full of knowledge and a numb bum but it was well worth it. I think after increasing my understanding of the OT it really helped to deepen my knowledge of the NT. They are so connected it actually blew me away, even after three years at a Christian high school I did not really think the OT was very relevant to me today (at least not unless I wanted to read a really interesting story). Turns out I was wrong. Apparently the key to understanding the NT is understands the OT. Brilliance hey?? I discovered I liked to look at it this way; the NT is the sequel to the OT, and in order to understand any sequel you have to have an understanding of what came before it. I mean you don’t have to, but any smart person tries to know what was going on before partaking in a sequel. You don’t just start reading The Return of the King because otherwise you are completely lost, you sit there wondering why they are trying to destroy a little golden ring and find yourself asking people what the heck a hobbit is. Thus it is the same with the OT and the NT. The OT makes the NT make more sense.
Well I was the only one at youth this week as all my fellow Kaleoers were working or at home for the weekend, and you know what, not very many youth showed up either because there was improve camp of something artsy like that. So I shared and hour and half of fellowship with the seven youth that showed up at Tim Hortons. It was cool we just sat around and talked, nothing to deep just school and weekend plans and a few humorous stories. It was a pretty relaxed time. Wish I had more to report on this, but hey it is what it is, I can’t say it if it didn’t happen because that would be a lie, and I’m in Bible college so I’m pretty sure that goes against my morals or something…
But I guess I should get back to the grind of schoolwork, if I don’t take advantage of time, time will take advantage of me.
Until next time….
Abby
abby i love your thoughts. so blessed by readind about what you learned in ot lit. keep learning! love you
ReplyDelete