Monday, November 9, 2009

Music and Metal

Hello again.

Went into Victoria on Tuesday with some friends and got my industrial piercing done. I want to get another piercing of some kind done as well as another tattoo that I am currently in the process of designing with a friend. Oh altering ones appearance through ink and metal, I actually think I might be addicted to the feeling of such things. Thursday night (the rest of my week was filled with reading and homework and all and the other monotonous activities of being a student, it was reading week after all) was a wonderful day full of rain and cool wet dampness. Haley, Jade and I headed in to the sprawling metropolis of Nanaimo BC (I still have yet to eat a Nanaimo bar there) we went shopping and had Thai food. Dinner was followed by the intake of live music of Matthew Good and my favorite Mother Mother (they do give a fantastic live show). It was a good night, I had superb time with Jade and Haley, and good dreams about live music.

I did not go to church or youth this weekend because I was working all weekend in the kitchen for a retreat. They gave me sharp knives…. but all is good, it was a long weekend in its entirety, but fun. I don’t know what really went on ministry wise here as I was in the kitchen and then reading when I was not, pray for the camp and that God might do his works through the people here.

Bests,

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment