Hello Friends,
A bit has happened since I last talked to you; let me fill you in on the events….
I went to my first two youth groups. The first one was a concert in Nanaimo and it was wonderful a band called Revolution played. It was pretty swell I really liked their music and the kids in the youth are CRAZY!! I swear they all have ADD or something. There were quite a few churches there and in the end a total of about 15 youth ended up making a commitment to the Lord and got hooked up with some churches it was pretty amazing. The second was this past Friday in which we had a Rock Band battle of the bands contest….meaning we dressed up and played Rock Band for like 2 hours. Needless to say Bo, Emma, Nate and I lost that one. It was cool meeting more of the kids though we did not really do much except chill out. George the youth leader is going to be trying to get us more involved as time goes on and I am looking forward to it quite a bit.
I mentioned in the first post that I wanted to work with the little kids and I had a chance to experience what that on Wednesday. I had a really good time, we played games on that involved sticking cotton balls to someone’s face and then split up into small groups and had some bible studies. We went over the Christmas story (the theme for the night was Christmas) it was so cute teaching them and listening to their answers to questions. I had a great time with the precious little fetuses but I don’t think working with them is for me, I think I shall stick with the youth.
AHHH after being here for what 2 weeks the first class started Spiritual Formation with Dr. Marv Penner. It was a wonderful class and I learned so much on how to build my spiritual life, I can not say enough good things about Marv he is a stellar fella that one is, a real prince. I learned so much from him. I look forward to writing my paper for him.
Today our pastor had us over for lunch, we just talked and had fellowship with each other. It was nice getting to know him and his family (we also practiced our Rock Band skills after getting spanked on Friday night).
Next on the agenda would be the S.A.L.T.S sailing trip which I leave for tomorrow morning and am gone or 5 days, I am so pumped to be out on the water for that long!!
Alas my chums I must sign off I must pack for my adventure, I will update you soon!!
Peace and Love
Abby
I LOVED the sailing trip! How was it?? Did you guys have lots of wind?? Did you cimb up to the top when you were sailing and feel like you were about to fall off into the ocean?? Did your hair spike up by the end of the week b/c of the grease?? hehe... jk. Can't wait to hear about it!
ReplyDelete