Monday, October 19, 2009

Creepy Crawlies.

Hello my fuzzy little friends (with the exceptions of those who are bald),

There was no youth this week so I do not have anything to report on that. Please continue to pray for the youth I work with and that they continue to seek God out and continue to live their lives for him.

So to my grad disappointment the surfing trip to Tofino was cancelled due to weather. I know, so sad, but dry your tears dear friends for the adventures that were in store for me were marvelous. On Tuesday we went spelunking! Yes you heard me SPELUNKING!! Caves are a wonderful things full of spiders and creepy crawlies that will never be seen in the light. I got muddy and fit my not so dainty self into a small hole. We turned the headlamps off and stood in the darkness, and when I say darkness I mean darkness, I mean it was like closing your eyes and trying to see your hand. Well you can imagine how I felt about that seeing how I have a small yet still somewhat crippling fear of the dark…I made them turn the lights back on. After we went shopping in a place called Coombs where there are goats on a roof….literally goats living on a roof. CRAZY!! Swimming was after that. I was swept away by the small current that pulled people around a small island in the middle of the pool, wonderful. I love water, weather it is a pool, fresh water or the ocean, if I can swim in it I love it!

Thursday and Friday was DTG (Ditch the Guys). We (the ladies) went to a senior’s home in Crofton and visited with the elderly, some of them were quiet lively for their advanced years, they were lovely women. I wonder what I will be like when I am old….hmmm food for thought, probably paranoid and cynical and maybe a little eccentric. After we had tea in a little touristy town just down the highway, we also walked in some small shops. We had dinner at Kristi’s (our student life leader) house and hung out. It was really swell getting to know the girls and just chilling out. I liked watching them all interact with each other, because that is what I do, I watch. Each one of them amazes me with there capacity to love one another, I am sure I will learn something from each. I feel so blessed to be placed here amongst these amazing women.


Understanding. Compassion. Love. A Dash Of Cynicism.

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment