Sunday, January 17, 2010

Foxy Love...

Hey,

So this week was fairly uneventful. I had an exam on Wednesday for missions, I feel as if it went fairly well but I am not sure, as I tend to not be very good when it comes to exams.

I also started Camp Ministry. This course is taught by good all Kaleo Life Leader Jim Babke it is interesting to hear about camp from someone like Jim. I think that he is the best to be teaching this course to us. This course is spread out over the course of the month of January, which I must confess is nice. It is nice having it set up this way, although I do like modular classes it is a nice break.

Well I went to youth for the first time since I have been back; it was good to see all of the youth. George talked about relationships, it was good, but I feel as if he could have gone a little bit deeper on what a Godly relationship looked like, having said this the youth seemed to respond this rather nicely. It was funny listening to this lesson, I found myself reflecting upon childhood crush on Robin Hood…the fox. Strange that one might find oneself having feelings for an animated animal. I think it had something to do with his charming personality, subtle tenderness, witty quips and his foxy good looks, which I am pretty sure was only there because of the aforementioned charm, tenderness, and wit. I guess this proves that true beauty lies beneath the surface, so to truly discover the beauty of another you must take the time to develop a friendship. As it stands though I am afraid that any future suitors will have to live up to the standards the Robin Hood has set. Good Luck.

I ask that you pray for the youth as they pick their ways through the troubles that come along with adolescents and the whole sexual tension thing that goes along with it, it would seem to appear that they would need a lot of prayer in this area.

Anyways loved ones, I am off to bed, as I have to wake up rather early (4:30) to go skiing, but that is a story for another time.

ABBY

No comments:

Post a Comment